Everything you need to know to arrange your flowers like a pro.
- Find a Vase - You may have noticed your flowers no longer have roots and that they’re not in soil. Time to put them in your favourite vase with some cool drinking water.
- Trim Those Stems - Keep those stems trimmed! Always cut your flowers at a 45-degree angle so they can absorb more water & won’t suffocate on the bottom of the vase. After the initial cut, check the bottoms of your stems every couple of days, and if the ends are looking a bit slimy, just snip off an inch or so.
- Remove Leaves - Take off any excess leaves so that all the water is funnelled into the petals. Pay special attention to leaves below the waterline because they’ll decompose, causing rot and bacteria to grow, which will shorten the lifespan of your blooms.
- Feed Them - Our secret mix to extend the life of your blooms! Think energy bars, but for flowers. Add a sachet of this to your vase, and voila! Watch them blossom for a lot longer.
- Mist Them - Flowers like to be misted (let’s be honest, who doesn’t?). Lightly spray down the petals from time to time to keep your stems looking fresh and remove any buds that are clearly past their prime.
- Keep Them Cool - Last but not least, keep your flowers in a cool area. Don’t put them near computers, televisions, ovens, under fans, away from direct sunlight… you get the idea.